Monday, February 24, 2014

They Call Me Sister

My dearest Family (which includes my former companions reading this),
Some scattered thoughts....
I LOVE YOU.
Sunday my ward surprised me by not only announcing over the pulpit that I was returning to Danbury, TX, but they said a special tradition for their departing missionaries is that the whole congregation stand up and sing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" after the closing prayer. So I had to go up front on the stand while the people of Alamo sang to me. What a moment! It was like a movie! They said they have only ever done that for their own children that leave, but never one of their own full-time missionaries. I felt so honored :).
Well I have spent my last few days teaching amazing families, knocking on doors(even at night), going on one last exchange to a Spanish area, and I just had a great last interview with my mission president. This last area was really hard (still prepared though!), but also helped me grow tremendously, and I love it. Many members have offered their home for us to come stay when we come back and visit!
I don't know what else to say, except I feel really weird, it has been a blur, I am sleeping horribly this week, my apartment is a mess with suitcases. HOWEVER I am of course really excited to see you all!!! It's one of those times you of course feel mixed feelings of reflecting back and looking forward.
This morning I happened to read in the Book of Mormon in the exact spot I remember getting stirrings in my heart as a teenager that it was true. I see my testimony and knowledge has grown stronger, my conversion deepened. Faith really really really really works. When we put forth more faith in Him, He blesses us. I have seen miracles, and I love my Savior and Heavenly Father even more.
Share the gospel.

I can not WAIT to talk all your ears off about my mission ;) GOD BE WITH YOU TIL WE MEET AGAIN....WHICH IS SOON!!!
Signing off with my official last letter to you as a full time missionary.

Love,

Sister Martin
CA Oakland/San Francisco Mission Sept 26, 2012- February 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment